So, I forgot to include the hot dog dip recipe… as I have too often done on my Menu Plan Monday postings. Well, it’s right HERE. This is a fresky dip. And it’s freaky good. Like, the kind of dip you just want more of…can’t get enough of. Scary as it is, it is DELICIOUS. So, look past the nitrates and disodium preservatives, and give it a try. It’s perfect for Monday Night Football. Or any football. Or baseball. Or basketball. I promise!
But to save you a second click, ’cause you know you like spending time here with me South of the Fork, is my version…
Zesty Franks Ole
- 2 tsp oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (10 oz) can Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes with lime and cilantro, undrained
- 1 (4 oz) can od diced green chiles, undrained
- 1 (16 oz) can Refried Black Beans
- 1 (16 oz) package Hebrew National® Quarter Pound Beef Franks (Nathan’s are good, too!), diced
- 1/3 c chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 chopped green onion
- 1 (10 oz) bag tortilla chips
Directions (are the same):
- Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute. Stir in undrained tomatoes with chilies, beans and franks. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover; simmer 5 minutes or until hot.
- Stir in cilantro, green onions. Simmer, uncovered 5 minutes or until hot. Transfer mixture serving dish. Serve with tortilla chips.